Effective: January 3, 2019
- Information you provide through your user account on the Services (your “Account”) if you register for the Services;
- Your use of the Services;
- From third-party websites, services, and partners.
1. Collection of Information.
There are three ways we collect your information: When you give it to us by filling out a form or creating an account, through automated services when you’re using the Site (such as cookies), and through other sources, such as when you chat one of our staff members on Olark and provide information like your name or email address to help troubleshoot an issue.
1.1 Information You Provide to Us.
Vault collects information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create an account, fill out a form, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include:
- Your name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Company name
- Company department
- Payment information: When you add your financial information (such as credit card details and billing address) to your Account, that information is directed to our third-party payment processor. We do not store your financial account information; however, we have access to, and may retain, this information through our third-party payment processor.
- Referrals: If you choose to use our email referral services to tell a friend about our products or services, we may ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will use that information to send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site and review the product or service you have selected. We may use a third-party provider to administer this function, but any such third-party provider may only use the information submitted to facilitate this one-time email. Neither Vault nor any third-party provider stores this information after the email is sent.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services.
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information from you, including:
- Analytics. We use analytics providers (such as Google Analytics) which collect information from you, including the following log information:
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses
- Internet service provider (ISP)
- Browser type
- Operating system
- Date/time stamp
- Clickstream data
- Landing page
- Referring/exit pages
- Referring URL
1.3 Information We Collect From Other Sources.
- Third-Party Partners. We may also receive publicly available information about you from our third-party partners (such as Olark, Insightly, Adobe and PayPal) and combine it with data that we have about you. For more information about the data that we obtain from these providers, please contact us at DAMinfo@tandemvault.com.
- Google Drive. If you choose to integrate your Google Drive account with your Vault account (for the purposes of uploading assets from Google Drive to Tandem Vault), we will collect and store your G-Suite email and Vault will be able to do the following in your Google Drive account:
- See your files
- Upload and download your files
- Delete your files
- See the names and emails of people you share files with
- Share and stop sharing your files with others
- Remove people from your files
- Organize your Drive
2. Use of Information.
This section explains the types of stuff we do with your information. We mostly use it to offer our services (such as your email and password), but we may also use it to email you about changes to the software or security alerts. If we don’t have a good reason for doing so, we don’t use your information.
2.1 Operating Our Services.
We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Services, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our Services;
- Improve and expand our Services;
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services;
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Process your transactions;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our User Terms and Conditions, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
2.2. Communicating With You.
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you, in accordance with your account settings, for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
2.3 Legal Basis for Processing.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only:
- Where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you;
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or
- Where we have your consent to do so.
We have a legitimate interest in operating our Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these Services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
- We process information about you in order to provide our services in accordance with our User Terms and Conditions, and to allow us to send you important service updates.
- We also process information about you where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and not overridden by your rights, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
- In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect information about you, or may otherwise need the information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- We may also process information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract. If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
3. Sharing Your Information.
This section explains the instances in which we may need to share your information. Unless absolutely necessary, we do not share your information with others.
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including to the following:
- Our corporate group, including with our subsidiaries and divisions, all of whom may use your information for the purposes disclosed herein.
- Our Distributor Network, such as our European image licensing partner, Plain Picture.
- Vendors and service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, to host websites, to fulfill orders and shipments, to assist in direct marketing, analyze your interests and preferences and to conduct audits, etc. Such service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. Vault maintains contracts with these third parties requiring their treatment (access, use and disclosure) of personal data to be consistent with our Privacy Shield obligations. In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU and Swiss individuals received pursuant to Privacy Shield, Vault may be liable (if responsible for the event giving rise to the damage).
- Third-party partners. We also share information about users with third-party partners (such as Insightly) in order to receive additional publicly available information about you. For a complete list of third party organizations who may have access to some information, please contact us at DAMinfo@tandemvault.com.
- Business transfers. Information about our customers, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of the company and/or its assets, as well as in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
- As required by law and similar disclosures. We may also share information to:
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- Respond to your requests;
- Protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
- With Your Consent. We may share information with your consent.
4. Additional Information.
This section wraps up some miscellaneous sections, such as security, the rights of EEA citizens granted by GDPR, and your preferences. We recommend that you review all sections, using the headers to distinguish sections that may be especially relevant to you.
4.1 Third Party Services and Linked Websites.
We may link to websites within our Services, including those of our third-party vendors or content providers, that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.
4.2 Social Media.
Vault does not employ the use of any social media directly on any of our sites, including TandemVault.com.
4.3 Third Party Advertising.
We do not share or distribute any content for the purpose of advertising.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your personal information. For instance, when you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If a password is used to protect your account and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
For more information on security protocols in place, please contact us at DAMinfo@tandemvault.com.
4.5 Data Retention.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you are a registered user, you may access certain information associated with your Account by logging into our Services or emailing DAMinfo@tandemvault.com.
To protect your privacy and security, we may also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery purposes. Your ability to access and correct your information may be temporarily limited where access and correction could:
- Inhibit Vault’s ability to comply with a legal obligation;
- Inhibit Vault’s ability to investigate, make or defend legal claims;
- Result in disclosure of personal information about a third party; or
- Result in breach of a contract or disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to Vault or a third party.
4.7 Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing DAMinfo@tandemvault.com.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing DAMinfo@tandemvault.com.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing DAMinfo@tandemvault.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- Please note: We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
4.8 Choice and Personal Information Preferences.
You can use some of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect. Vault respects your right to make choices about the use and disclosure of your personal information. If at any time you decide that you do not want to receive marketing emails from us or change the settings in relation to your personal email preferences, you can take the following actions as set out below:
- Marketing Emails: If you do not wish to receive marketing emails, you will have the option of opting out and/or unsubscribing from our emails and mailing lists as well as 1) contacting your Account Executive; or (2) sending an email to DAMhelp@tandemvault.com. If you choose not to receive marketing emails, please be advised that you may continue to receive transactional or account emails (e.g., purchase information and account activity statements).
- Cookies: You can accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies. Please be aware that our websites are optimally designed to operate with cookies enabled in your internet browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies. This may negatively impact your experience of the site. If you would like to opt-out from the use of pixel gifs in our emails, please email us at DAMhelp@tandemvault.com. To view Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
4.9 Children’s Privacy.
We do not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you should not use or enter information on this site, including without limitation, any Interactive Areas of the site.
4.10 International Data Transfers.
Personal information collected by Vault may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Vault or its affiliates, subsidiaries, contractors or agents maintain facilities, and by using our sites or services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Vault has certified under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks (individually and collectively, “Privacy Shield“). Vault complies with the Privacy Shield as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, transfer and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Vault has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield based on Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability. To learn more about the Privacy Shield programs, and to view our certification pages, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/. If you would like to exercise any of your data protection rights (including the right to have your personal information disclosed or deleted), please contact us using the “Contact Information” below.
You can contact Vault by emailing DAMhelp@tandemvault.com or by phone at 323-497-0899, or by postal mail at:
Tandem Vault, LLC
8567 Higuera Street
Culver City, California